Here Are The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Packages
The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing offers two optional carbon fiber packages, called Carbon Fiber Package 1 (CFZ production code) and Carbon Fiber Package 2 (CFV production code). We take an in-depth look at the components included in each of the two Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber packages, along with pricing info for each.
Carbon Fiber Package 1 – $4,100
- Front divider
- Front wheel well deflector
- Extra rear aero spoiler
Carbon Fiber Package 2 – $5,230
- Grid header
- Rocker mold
- Rocker extension
- Rear mosquito net diffuser
It’s worth noting that the Carbon Fiber Package 2 on the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing cannot be ordered without the Carbon Fiber Package 1, meaning the total cost is $9,330 for those looking to maximize the goodness of carbon fiber.
Let’s compare what visual impact the standard package and the two optional packages have on a vehicle.
While the carbon fiber component can be seen as a cosmetic upgrade, depending on who you ask, there are also performance aspects to consider. According to Cadillac, the wind tunnel tested carbon fiber package can reduce track lift by up to 75 percent, compared to the standard aero package.
To clarify, the upgrades offered by this carbon fiber package build on the aerodynamic improvements that have been made to the CT5-V Blackwing over its predecessor, the third-generation CTS-V. For example, air intake airflow increased 46 percent compared to the CTS-V. Other fixes include:
- New main mesh grille design that improves airflow over the previous generation.
- The mesh pattern is refined to include secondary reeds that affect the return angle, directing airflow to the main radiator, cooling ducts and airflow.
- The larger secondary grille directs airflow to the additional payload cooler, while the smaller front lower grille reduces pressure while delivering airflow to the brake cooling ducts.
- Front splitter that reduces lift to help keep the car stable when cornering at higher speeds.
- The rear spoiler balances the effect of the front splitter to help maintain rear wheel traction at higher speeds.
- The center body panel improves the aerodynamics of the underbody.
- The underbody panel is designed with airflow duct strake dubbed “underwing” which supports the aero efficiency and trajectory of the car.
- Rear valence rocker and diffuser extensions eliminate air turbulence and continue the down-to-earth look created by the front splitter.
As a reminder, the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing makes its official debut on February 1stst through online streams. This ultra-high-performance luxury sedan uses a supercharged 6.2L V8 engine (production code LT4) that delivers 668 horsepower and 659 pound-feet of torque exclusively to the rear wheels via a standard 6-speed manual or an optional 10-speed manual transmission. automatic speed.
The first 250 orders of the CT5-V Blackwing, considered a Collector’s Edition model, sold out in just a few minutes. The ultra-high-performance luxury sedan goes into production in July 2021, and more models are currently being produced at the Lansing Grand River plant in Michigan.
Want to stay up to date on all things Cadillac? Then make sure to subscribe Cadillac Society for more, Blackwing CT5-V news, Cadillac CT5 news, Blackwing news, and all-time Cadillac news coverage. We also invite you to join the latest discussions on our Cadillac forums.
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Photos